Netherlands Soccer Tour – Friendly games 10 Days
Netherlands Soccer Tour – Friendly games. Home of Total Football WSS will bring your team to the land of Johan Cruyff and the big orange, Amsterdam. 10 days in Amsterdam playing friendly games, Training and Sight-seeing.
Football or soccer is the biggest sport in Holland. With over 1.2 million players, more people than ever enjoy this ball game. It is also very popular on television. Many matches are broadcast live and when the Dutch national team plays, the nation goes crazy and every football lover wears orange, our national color.
- Holland claimed third place in the 2014 World Championship. In the semi-final, Holland lost from Argentina after a round of penalties (2-4), unfortunately losing their chance at the world title. The Orange team did win the match against Brazil and with three goals against none definitely deserved their third place!
- That the Dutch reached the World Cup final three times, but never won. Holland lost the World Cups in 1974 to West Germany, in 1978 to Argentina and in 2010 to Spain.
- The Dutch won the European Cup in 1988. Goals of Ruud Gullit and Marco van Basten gave the Netherlands a 2-0 victory over USSR. Marco van Basten was the star player at that time.
- That the biggest win ever was in 2011 against San Marino. After 90 minutes the score was 11-0. Other big wins were in 1912 against Finland and in 1972 against Norway. Both matches ended in a 9-0 win.
- That the biggest loss ever was in 1912 against England. The final score was 12-2.
- That the most yellow cards ever were drawn in the match between Holland and Portugal during the World Cup 2006: 12 yellow and 2 red cards.
The country as small as a city
If you think of the Netherlands, flowers, windmills and wooden shoes come to mind – but Holland has so much more to offer! Enjoy the bracing wind with a beach walk along the Dutch coast or a cycling tour of the Veluwe. Experience the welcoming hospitality of North Brabant and Limburg, the authentic charm of our Hanseatic cities and the Achterhoek in eastern Holland, and the freedom of the provinces of Friesland and Groningen with their wide horizons. Discover how the Dutch battle against the water in Flevoland, our newest province, and immerse yourself in Dutch culture in the modern metropolises, historic cities, and picturesque villages in the west of the Netherlands. And best of all, you do not have to choose because all this and much more is within a two hour travel distance.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||YOUR LOCAL AIRPORT|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Approximately 2:00 PM|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 6:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, “See what to Pack” in tour documentation|
|NOT INCLUDED||Spending Money Fuel Surcharge Lunch Pro Game Tickets|
DAY 1 PM – Depart from your Local Airport to Amsterdam
DAY 2 AM/PM – Arrive transfer to hotel / Training session with Dutch coach, Pro Game
DAY 3 AM/PM – Sight-see using your Amsterdam / Pass Friendly Games with Local Amsterdam club reception to follow
DAY 4 AM/PM – Training session on beach, relax beach time /Sight-see at night
DAY 5 AM/PM – All day Excursion to a Dutch city / Pro Game
DAY 6 AM/PM – All day Mini Tournament with 3 other dutch clubs
DAY 7 AM/PM – Sight-see tour Ajax stadium
DAY 8 AM/PM – Ajax Training session / Sight-see
DAY 9 AM/PM – Last full Day in Amsterdam shopping/ Friendly Match
Day 10 AM/PM – Prepare for departure/ after lunch depart for airport for flight home
- RT Flights
- 8 Nights Accommodations
- Tournaments / Friendly Games / Training Sessions
- Local Transportation
- 24/7 Tour Support
- Amsterdam city pass
- Breakfast and Dinner
- Spending Money
- Fuel Surcharge
- Pro Game tickets
Many different hotel and star options are available for both player and parents.
Dorm Like settings